Christchurch Casinos Charitable Trust
The Christchurch Casinos Charitable Trust was formed by Christchurch Casinos Limited in 1994 when the casino first opened.
Under the terms of the trust deed, the trustee has discretion to pay income from the fund to:
Organisations actively supporting individuals and/or families suffering the effects of addictive or compulsive behavioural problems, including the effects of gambling.
Note: Only not-for-profit community based organisations and agencies registered as a charitable entity with the Charities Commission are eligible. The trust’s main priority is to help people first. Preference will be given to applications from the Canterbury area.
Funding Amount and Time Frames
- Applications to be considered as a recipient for funding are assessed annually. The next granting cycle will be from Monday 1st July 2019 to Wednesday 31st July 2019.
- All applications must be completed online.
- The approximate amount available for distribution this funding round is $220,000.00.
- We will notify you of the Trustees decision in due course. Please note, this is expected to be in October/November 2019.
- The length of the assessment process is dependent on the volume of applications and all applicants are notified of the decision. During the assessment period, trustees may request further clarification from the applicant regarding their application.
Regrettably, due to the number of applications received, we are unable to provide detailed feedback on unsuccessful applications. Please note the decision of the Trustee is final and not subject to any appeals process.
Click on the following grant button to start your application.